De Wet Grand, a luxury villa in Bantry Bay. This holiday rental in Cape Town accommodates 10 guests with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. Contact us today for daily rates and availability to book your luxurious vacation stay at De Wet Grand.
De Wet Grand Villa, located in Bantry Bay, in all its lavishness, feels like occupying a sea-side bastion in the hills. An original architectural masterpiece by Allan Walk, its entire splendor is extended by extravagant interior design that is the decorative genius of Beth Murray and Stephan Anthony. This four-bedroomed Villa is designed in such a manner that guests may access any level or room from any entrance on the property. Each entrance has an exterior design that is constructed out of original Jerusalem stone and fragmentary, raw travertine stone. The Villa’s formal living room, as well as the bar/entertainment area, is fitted with a collection of unique fixtures and materials such as zebra-hide, as well as many contemporary and post-modern artworks. The primary subdivision of the entrance hall/ living room compliments these artworks with modern aluminium-thread silver wallpaper. Likewise, the guest bathroom features walls also dressed in the silver wallpaper, as well as shark-skin leather which covers the lounge suite. The formal dining room offers a sea view through its curved glass window panels. In addition to the magnificent view, the dining room offers a service section, which is divided by a glass swing-door that leads through to the kitchen. The kitchen itself is finished with imported German appliances and surfaces. Both the walls and kitchen units are covered in incrusted aluminium with counter tops that are completed in a non-absorbent, non-scrape Caesar Stone surface. A Spanish/ European-style elevator can be used to access the bedroom level or, alternatively, guests can utilize the solid-marble staircase provided. The upper-bedroom section of the Villa has a bullet proof, perspex panel in addition to a sturdy door, allowing guests to close this floor off from the lower level. The top level includes three bedrooms. The master suite, in its massive expanse, has an all-encompassing view of the peaks, the sea and Lions Head. The lower section of the house is dedicated to private, exclusive entertainment.
- The master suite, 125 square meters in its entirety, boasts a state-of-the-art climate control system, providing ultimate comfort for its occupants, a techno-bike for exercising and a revolving big screen plasma television – complete with music system, DVD player and satellite Television.
- The bed in the main suite is king size and offers extra length construction.
- The room also hosts a superb collection of Donnie Totten original artworks.
- The suite also provides a huge vanity mirror, designed with the original technique of Mexican Spooning Glass.
- The en suite bathroom is covered in pure, sand-washed marble tiling. The lighting is spectacular with is Versailles Infinity rock-feature lights. The open-plan shower is surrounded by rustic, raw Jerusalem stone walls. The Jacuzzi/spa bath has panoramic mountain and sea views from its position. The bedroom also has two separate walk-in cupboards. The larger cupboard has wall after wall of mirrored-sliding-door cupboard space. All cupboards and doors are finished in original Beech wood. All doors are fireproof and bullet-proof.
- The smaller bedrooms have double beds, air-conditioning, under floor heating
- In addition, both rooms have doors that exit onto the travertine tiled balcony, which provides luxurious lounge furnishings and a fantastic view of the sea.
- In each instance, both bathrooms have heated towel rails, sky lights, showers and a Caesar Stone finish.
- One bedroom includes a walk-in wardrobe and the others offer built-in cupboards.
- Guests can enjoy a skylight dome which also acts as a ceiling feature in the bedroom level.
- A private and secluded guest-suite is available. A queen bed on a unique mahogany base, as well as a bathroom with double vanities, a bath and a shower, are part of the suite.
- The Villa entrance has an attractive water-feature that flows down one wall and trickles over the scenic rocks below.
- Interior flooring is finished with luxurious, imported marble from a quarry in Portugal.
- De Wet Grand has a bar and wine cellar, both finished in Mahogany wood and durable glass-fusion fixtures, that boast aluminium accents.
- The main living room area includes solid wood tables and stools. It also provides the guests with lime-stone glass-fusion tables and a stool covered completely with leather made from authentic shark-skin.
- The Villa offers air-conditioning and under floor heating throughout.
- Ceiling light-fittings offer a unique multitude of varying lighting effects that may be harnessed, making De Wet Grand the perfect location for film or photo-shoots.
- Framed by a magnificent bent Copper wall feature, the service feature offered in the dining room is finished in exquisite Mahogany and marble. The transistors inside the marble casing can heat up and the surface may be used to heat up and/or cook food.
- The dining table sits twelve in soft, brushed leather seats.
- The expansive kitchen may be closed off using sound-proof, sand-blasted glass sliding doors.
- The kitchen offers two enormous Gaggenau ovens and a Mhelle Classic steam oven.
- The kitchen has hidden cupboard-door freezers and fridges, as well as a pantry and a scullery for storage and cleaning respectively.
- The lower level of the house, used for entertainment, offers a velvet-curtained alcove that houses a stately Grand piano. With the inclusion of another kitchen and bar area, a casual/cocktail atmosphere serves as an ideal area for entertaining guests. This second kitchen and lounge area offers black-speckled granite surfaces which are beautified with Carol Boyes originals.
- This expanse is complimented by an immense interior and exterior lounge-suite, which is enhanced by a magnificent surround-sound speaker system.
- The outer patio section has a heated infinity pool surrounded by a Jerusalem Stone wall feature. Included here is an additional 500 square meter segment of lawn.
- 2 car garages can be accessed from the bedroom level.
- The property also offers off street parking space for four additional vehicles.
- A separate sound-proofed room offers a protector screen and a large high-definition television, which are complimented by a music system, DVD player, and Satellite package.
- All furniture in the study has been crafted by Swiss masters in order to embrace the natural curve of the walls.
- The outdoor patio offers a surround-sound speaker system, as well as electronically-operated umbrellas, with a span of 5.5 meters, which provide shade in any position. The umbrellas are completely wind-proof and mobile.
- The patio has six masonry-inspired stone pillars which are fitted with thick curtain rails. Plush curtains hang from these. The curtains may be drawn to provide added privacy, if so desired.
- The patio includes a massive gas-barbecue facility and a service window in the wall for serving food, as well as a 14-seater dining table surrounded by Italian Aluminium white chairs.
- This lower-level outdoor section is a 500 square meter space in total, whilst the remaining space is filled with a gorgeous outdoor lounge suite made from Denon outdoor wicker-style framing.
Fresnaye, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
We pride ourselves in the most attentive service in the Cape Town villa rental industry. Book with Cape Town Luxury Escapes for the lowest Bantry Bay villa rental rates available online. We are ready to make your luxury travels to Cape Town a reality at De Wet Grand in Bantry Bay.
Similar Villas in Bantry Bay
Bantry Bay, Cape Town
Bantry Bay, Cape Town
Bantry Bay Magnifique
Bantry Bay, Cape Town