Canterbury Court, a luxury villa in Bishopscourt. This holiday rental in Cape Town accommodates 14 guests with 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. Contact us today for daily rates and availability to book your luxurious vacation stay at Canterbury Court.
This Villa boasts 7 bedrooms in total, and includes two fully functional kitchens, two private patios, two lounges, two dining rooms and under floor heating throughout. Glass doors allow access to the main patio which houses a pizza oven and barbeque.
This Villa is situated in the lush, tree-lined, mountain-view suburb of Bishopscourt, known for homes that are nestled amongst acres of beautiful green forest. The Villa seems to be representative of an opulent country home set in the Mediterranean. The utopia of over-grown vegetation, fruit trees and rose bushes which populate the expansive garden facing the Devils Peak side of Table Mountain’s range, hide the opulence of the Villa from the road.
The right wing of the Villa is smaller than the left wing, yet it is still indulgently decorated with antique Mahogany furnishings and genuine oriental and Persian rugs. The left side of the Villa includes a lounge which has its own satellite TV package, DVD player, surround-sound music system and flat-screen TV. An original antique wood bar frames an open-planned formal dining room. This living area has dual access onto the road-side terraced garden, as well as to its own, private patio which overlooks the lush back garden and its spectacular mountain views. A separate and more informal dining area, finished with Maple Wood and Granite, is situated in the front area of the kitchen.
The single most stunning and unique aspect of this property lies in the exceptionality of its garden. This is a natural paradise with unmatched potential for entertaining. The garden features blossoming lemon trees, lime trees, fig trees, guava trees and an apple tree. A tiered vegetable garden is situated alongside the cottage, as well as an herb garden, containing most herbs. A gorgeous Koi Pond incorporates a bubbling water-fountain in its centre. A tennis court is situated at the bottom of the garden, affording 360 degree mountain views.
The large swimming pool, although not heated electrically, has black walls, which absorb all of the sun’s heat. This results in pleasant luke-warm water during summer.
Additionally, the property allows for secure, off-street parking for a total of 8 cars.
- The Villa has 7 bedrooms in total. The two master suites each feature king-sized beds and walk-through wardrobes, which are completed in exquisite original Mahogany wood. Each master suite has an en-suite bathroom, complete with Jacuzzi tubs, showers and double vanities. The master-suite on the left wing of the villa includes a big-screen TV and an awe-inspiring original oil-on-canvas original by Cecilia Rossli. The en-suite bathroom offers a stunning view of one of the atrium’s striking collections of flowers and trees.
- The two smaller bedrooms on this level each share one family bathroom which includes a shower and a bath as well as heated towel-rails. Each of these rooms is able to sleep two people.
- An added guest-suite adjoins the entertainment room and is completely inclusive in its addition of an en-suite bathroom and wardrobe. All double-doors in this area allow access into the opulent garden.
- Downstairs, one can access a garden level suite via a steep flight of steps. This space is secure and private as it is secluded from the activity of the house and the other rooms. The suite includes its own lounge and dining room area as well as a separate bedroom with a king-sized bed and an en-suite bathroom.
- The upper level of the Villa incorporates two additional suites which adjoin the living room. The master-suite is richly accessorised with Mahogany accents which surround the King-sized bed and the individual walk-in wardrobe. The en-suite bathroom features a large bath which may be used as a Jacuzzi or spa-bath. A large screen TV is also available for entertainment.
- The second bedroom on the upper level has a Queen-size bed and an en-suite bathroom, which offer comfort and convenience.
- The Villa’s right-wing features three more bedrooms, two with en-suite bathrooms.
- Two TV rooms are present in the Villa, each equipped with a large flat screen TV, DVD player and a satellite TV package.
- The Villa contains two kitchens, each fully equipped.
- The home is truly versatile as it is comprised of two conjoined wings which are separated by 3 atriums and a Travertine-tiled entrance hall. This stunning space is illuminated by the sunshine that cascaded through the sky-light feature overhead. The majority of the home is tiled in glazed porcelain.
- The living space of the left wing includes a formal lounge and formal dining room, each of which features wood-framed glass doors which may be opened on all sides to access the main patio and garden. Adjacent to the formal areas, a TV room focused on recreation is equipped with a large flat screen TV, DVD Player, surround-sound music system and a satellite TV package.
- Each of the two wings may be closed off and used separately; for example if one travels with extended extended family member s or staff such as bodyguards, nannies, etc. Each wing includes a fully functional kitchen, private patio, lounge, and dining room. Downstairs one will find a bedroom suite and one master bedroom, and at least one other guest suite.
- An original Piazzia fireplace and oven are situated in the downstairs open-plan kitchen. Here, everything is finished in original Beech Wood and Granite tops and is fitted with a multitude of top-of-the range appliances. A concealed scullery and fully equipped laundry lie at the back of the kitchen.
- The upstairs kitchen/TV room and adjoining formal living area open up onto a magnificently large patio, which is fitted with a wood-burning pizza oven and a gas barbecue facility. An outdoor service counter with a sink and Granite top are also present. A steep flight of stairs allows one access to a garden-level section of the villa. This space includes an entertainment area with a hand-crafted Alder Wood Bar. The bar is fully-stocked and is fitted with all conceivable items pertaining to bar-functionality. An enthusiast’s dream presents itself in the form of an original Thirstons Billiards table.
- An individual walkway, which lies adjacent to the property’s far-left wing side, allows access to a delightful cottage within the grounds of the garden. The cottage resembles a miniature version of the main home in terms of its elements of colour and design. The cottage features its own patio, only a few steps away from the edge of the swimming pool. A wood-burning outdoor barbecue/fireplace is available and double doors open up to delight guests with views of the towering mountain peaks. The interior of the cottage is functional and is basically equipped with an open-plan kitchen, King-sized bed, and wardrobe, as well as an en-suite bathroom with a shower.
Bishopscourt, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
We pride ourselves in the most attentive service in the Cape Town villa rental industry. Book with Cape Town Luxury Escapes for the lowest Bishopscourt villa rental rates available online. We are ready to make your luxury travels to Cape Town a reality at Canterbury Court in Bishopscourt.